Moving an office can be a daunting task. Unless you are getting professional movers to pack your office, follow these 5 simple steps and you will make the final job of moving go a lot smoother.
- Get each person to pack the contents of their desk and mark the boxes with their full names on.
- There is usually no need to unpack filing cabinets, if lifts are available. Just lock them and keep the keys somewhere safe.
- Disassemble desks as these will often be too big to remove. We can also do this for you, we carry time saving powered hand tools.
- Use proper moving boxes, usually only 2 or 3 different sizes of box will be enough. This will mean they can be stacked securely in the van, thus minimising possible damage to contents.
- Empty any furniture which has drawers of the contents. Leave the drawers in the furniture. We have straps will self tightening belts to secure drawers/doors on furniture.
- Unless you’ve asked us to pack for you, then all monitors or fragile items such as pictures, should be wrapped, bubble wrap or strong brown paper is suitable for this.
- Create an office floor plan for your new office.
This is how you should ideally pack for your office removal if you choose to pack yourself. We also of course offer this service. If you don’t manage to wrap every monitor or picture, don’t worry. We will have blankets or carry our own bubble wrap for these purposes. All our vans also carry an extensive tool kit, with all the tools needed for office removals.